If you are these many weeks pregnant, these are how many months pregnant you actually are:
1-4 weeks = 1 month
5-8 weeks = 2 months
9-12 weeks = 3 months
13-17 weeks = 4 months
18-22 weeks = 5 months
23-27 weeks = 6 month
28-32 weeks = 7 months
33-36 weeks = 8 months
36-40 weeks = 9 months
There you have it. So we are 8 weeks pregnant today which means we are officially 2 months pregnant. Confusing I know.
The baby is now the size of a raspberry or about 0.5 to 0.7 inches long. Other fun facts:
- The head weighs half of its entire body
- Baby is now growing one millimeter per day
- Baby is moving around dancing around in place
- Baby skin is now see through and big milestone is that is now a FETUS and no longer an embryo
- This means that the tiny organs are now ready to start working on their own
- The tadpole tail is almost or entirely gone by now
- Fingers and toes are forming from the limbs now
- It’s neural network is growing at a crazy speed
- Baby’s limbs are growing longer and stronger
- The umbilical cord is now visible
- While the heart has been beating for over a week now, the heart is fully formed with its right and left chambers and beating twice mommas heart rate at 150 bpm
- The placenta is now ramping up its own hormone production and giving momma a break
- The amniotic fluid where baby will soon swim in is now increasing by 2 tablespoons per week
- Momma’s appetite is increasing as are her weird dreams
I’m still in Chicago and missing my girls. Today I posted a video of V with me at the Legoland 🎢 roller coaster, her first experience. She loved it and asked to ride twice. Not without her usual theatrics.
And as she would say, guess what?
She graduates 🎓 from preschool this Friday!
We also have an appointment with the OBGYN to take a look at how our little raspberry is growing.
What to Expect showcases how our little one is looking right now: