So it’s easy to be caught up with what we are living. But you still have to be aware of number #1. While this may be shocking to some, number one should never be your offspring. Yes, it should be you as a couple or as a parent. Seems wrong or tough to understand. It took me a long time to accept. But I got it. If you’re not #1, you’ll never be able to be who you truly want to be to those you love.
I ran into this powerful reflection this week. Take a read:
For couples so eager to call it quits after the infatuation wears off, to throw in the towel on your relationship because everything isn't 'perfect'...here is some food for thought.
Lifelong commitment is not what most people think it is. It's not waking up every morning to make breakfast and eat together. It's not cuddling in bed until both of you fall asleep.
- It's not a clean home, filled with laughter and love making every day.
- It's someone who steals all the covers, and snores, it's slammed doors and a few harsh words at times.
- It's stubbornly disagreeing and giving each other the silent treatment until your hearts heal, and then offering forgiveness.
- It's coming home to the same person every day that you know loves and cares about you in spite of, and because of, who you are.
- It's laughing about the one time you accidentally did something stupid and also that time you did something you were warned was stupid but you did it anyway.
- It's about dirty laundry and unmade beds.
- It's about helping each other with the hard work of life.
- It's about swallowing the nagging words instead of saying them out loud.
- It's about eating the easiest meal you can make and sitting down together at a late hour because you both had a crazy day.
- It's when you have an emotional breakdown and your love lays down with you and holds you, and tells you everything is going to be okay. And you believe them.
- It's about still loving someone even though sometimes they make you absolutely insane.
Loving someone isn't always easy, sometimes it's hard. But it is amazing and comforting and one of the best things you will ever experience.
So there you have it.
As for us, Victoria had her big 5 year old doctor check up today. At 55lbs and 47 1/4th inches, she continues being 97+ in her growth curve chart. What does this mean? Well, of every 100 girls her age, she is 97 % taller than l of them. In fact, the doc said her development right now is that of almost a seven year old. Whoaaaaaa! 😲
In any case, baby continues to grow and will double in size over the next several weeks as a massive growth spurt will no longer allow Mom to hide her big surprise!